The best week of the season for catching trophy salmon at the river Strelna! Now we can offer you quite a rare opportunity to visit the river Strelna in mid-September. This week starts on September 11 and applies the best time to catch the fresh sea salmon. This is the most comfortable week and usually the most productive. We still have about a month to prepare for this trip.
Our NEW Chavanga web page and NEW Blog
Arrival day to the Murmansk airport 10.09.2014
Departure day 19.09.2014
Salmon fishing in Russia. Strelna river tour
The camp contains up to 10 fishermen. The standard group at the beginning of the season is 10 persons. In the middle of a season, group usually consists of 7- 8 persons. Groups with smaller quantity of participants are accepted after the coordination of details with the organizer of tour.
Duration of tour
Standard tour is consider as 6 + days of fishing. Recommended day of arrival and departure is Wednesday.
Under individual demands duration of tour can be prolonged or reduced.
The camp is in 50 km to the east from Chavanga river. Approximately the distance from Varzuga mouth makes about 90 km. From Umba river, the distance is around 230 km.
To get to the Strelna camp is possible by the helicopter.
The approximate plan of transfer looks so:
- Meeting at the airport of Murmansk. Delivery by a minibus to Umba takes 5 hours. Than from Umba there is 1 hour flight by helicopter straight to Strelna camp. It is comfortable enough and fast way of delivery. A bit more expensive way of traveling.
- Back way we start by the helicopter to Umba, minibus from Umba to Murmansk.
- Transfer from Murmansk to camp and back
- Residing at camp of 7 nights
- 3-x meals
- Cost of fishing licenses
- Using a camp infrastructure - dryers, a bath, a chimney hall, the TV
- Services of the cook and the guides
- 6 + days of fishing
- The Visa help
- Murmansk hotel overnight
Tour doesn’t include:
- Visiting 2 rivers, which have different character, conditions and fishing behavior, in one program tour.
- Allows to break a transfer from Murmansk into 2 parts, that makes the time spend during transfer more enjoyable.
- It is possible to prolong duration of tour from 6-7 nights to 9 or 10 nights, which is difficult to make on a one river tour.
- It is possible to make tour individual, choosing the river with the best conditions for the period of tour.
- It is possible to choose the most convenient time and a way of a transfer for movement between camps of Chavanga and Strelna. It is possible to begin with fishing on Chavange, then to visit Strelna or on the contrary that reduces time of a continuous transfer.
- Choosing the mixed program, it is easier to organise non-standard groups.
- It is possible to make the program answering to financial inquiries of clients.
1. Prime time ( 15.05 – 21.06 and 11.09 -25.10) price is calculated for 10 persons and helicopter transfer to and back.